Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a new idea...a bad first try

So, I've seen several artists using Google SketchUp to start off their concept environments by creating basic forms and setting camera angles, so I had a couple of hours and thought I'd give it a go for the first time


This is what I built in Google SketchUp 6, it was my first attempt without really bothering to look at any instructions...and it shows...



This is the fairly awful digital painting that I did over top in Corel Painter Essential 2. I've posted plenty of environments on this blog, but most have been traditional pen and ink pieces and as you can see I'm still having some issues getting my usual quality into the digital approach. I hope it just the tools, my Mac G4 sawtooth only has a 16mb video card so Essential 2 is the only version of Corel Painter that I can support and I'm using a 4x6 Graphire tablet....I've used a Cintiq, they're much friendlier....
Post a Comment