Figure Drawing Fall 2010 Part Thirteen

...and so I return now with the thirteenth post of this fall figure series. Let's start with some warm up gestures from life drawing...


...a little detail from above, I really like this drawing in particular...


...now we get into a thirty minute block in as a demo with a detail shot directly following...


...then I went into the anatomy of the back, I know this was something I always struggled with as a student and so I try to make sure that I explain it in a way that is digestible for beginning figure artists. This also has a detail shot that follows...


...and now we hit the next series of classes, as always we start with some warm up gestures. The gesture is the foundation for everything else that we do and as I've said before, construction and anatomy are great, but they are worthless if you can't use your instincts and just go for it...


....now some construction techniques for the forearm, wrist, hands and feet...


..and I'll end this post with a demo on bringing it all together for a ten minute block in from observation. As usual there are detail shots following this full page...


...be back with part fourteen at some point in the near future...